Mini Christmas Puddings – Recipe
These delicious fruit & nut balls are super simple to make as Christmas treats, with the added benefit of being raw (no cooking needed), gluten free, dairy free & sugar free! (the dried fruit makes them pretty sweet).
Ingredients: Makes 10
200g – Dried mixed fruit
100g – Ground Almond
40g – Dried Apricot (brown ones if you can as the orange ones have preservatives in)
8 drops – Orange Essential Oil (must be food grade)*
1 tbsn –Olive Oil
A dash of Cinnamon and Nutmeg (powder)
1 tbsn Ground flax seeds (optional)
A sprinkle of finely ground desiccated coconut to decorate.
- You could use any essential oil* you like to flavour these, some other suggestions that work well include peppermint, tangerine and geranium. You could also try a combination e.g. orange & geranium, lime & peppermint but keep the total number of drops as 8.
1. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
2. Add 8 drops of the orange essential oil to a table spoon of olive oil. This helps even distribution of the essential oil.
3. Add the oil to the other ingredients in the processor and blend until the mixture comes together. If the mix is too dry and not sticking together, add another dash of olive oil.
4. Shape in to balls by rolling in the palms of your hands and place into mini cake cases.
5. Finish off by using a sieve to sprinkle finely ground desiccated coconut over the tops of the mini puddings.
With thanks to Heather Hardy from ‘Eat Well Live Well’ for sharing her wonderfully festive recipe with us.
*Get in touch to order essential oils that are suitable for use in flavouring foods.