During refreshment breaks at my events, I like to serve tea and snacks made with scented botanical ingredients. For ‘Plant to Perfume‘ workshops at Glasgow Botanic Gardens, I have a friend make ‘nut balls’ flavoured with my orange essential oil, here is the really simple recipe if you would like to make them:
Jacqueline’s orange scented nut ball recipe:
- 400g Almonds
- 200g Medjool dates
- 5 drops of Orange Essential Oil (click here for a suitable organic and food grade orange oil)
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Chopped Hazelnuts for coating
- Roast almonds in oven for 15/20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Allow to cool.
- Blend roasted almonds.
- Remove them from blender and blend the sliced dates with any pits removed.
- Add nuts to dates and blend until mixture starts to form.
- Mix the drops of orange essential oil with the olive oil and add to the blender, blend a little more. Note you could try flavouring with other essential oils such as mandarin, peppermint or even geranium!
- Place in bowl and knead with hands forming into a ball.
- Roll into small balls and then roll in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Energetic Facial Release Massage £25
- Full Body Massage £50
During the month of October 2019, Jacqueline is offering a 10% discount.
For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – 07727 424249.